Shoemake Bhudda pendant project
Remarks/Details for model idea #1:
- this design would hold the Bhudda with small prongs ( 26 total) | final design was 4 prongs
- 14k yellow gold with a matte finish
- the bail (area where chain goes through) could accommodate many styles of chain
- approximately 14 grams (mounting only, does not include bhudda stone) | final design weighs approximately 17 grams
- this design is still conceptual, I need to discuss this further with Kenny our Master Goldsmith for his thoughts on how this will secure the bhudda.
- Ultimately, the details for this design will be finished on the goldsmithing bench, including hand setting the bhudda and hand finishing of the metal surfaces.
- These drawings only attempt to show these details. Keep in mind that they are essentially sketches. Metal sheen and sparkle are only approximated.
- Once you like the details of the design work we will create a scale wax model for your approval or send a video.
Design drawings (shown from top, middle and back):
Hand carved wax model (prongs will be added to black marks) | this is the final design:
Italian made cable chain: