The Custom Process
Our Custom Process:
- A single custom project generally takes a couple of weeks to develop a concept, then around 6 weeks to finish.
- We cannot accept rush projects, you will need to plan and adjust accordingly. If your project involves multiple pieces, plan on 8-12 weeks.
- A deposit of between $200 and $500 (depending on the scope of the project) is required before we will begin any drafting.
- This deposit is applied toward total project cost and is nonrefundable after we present you with your design.
- After your deposit, we will provide you with drawings/renderings of your custom design and an approximate cost.
- Price is determined by metal type and weight, number of stones, stone size and quality, types of setting, and labor required: casting, pre-finishing, torch soldering, laser soldering, milgraining and engraving.
- You can expect your custom-made jewelry to be more expensive than our ready-made pieces.
- Pricing is reflective of many factors including, but not limited to: the significant amount of time and expertise involved in developing a proper, premium quality, original design. Our workshop & showroom is fully insured and equipped with professional tools, machinery, and state of the art technology. We employ highly skilled, wonderful people who are paid a fair & living Colorado wage and benefits, and we have longstanding relationships with site-holders, ethical suppliers & devoted vendors who are all paid fairly. We create bespoke, heirloom quality jewelry. We do not cut corners. We do not create for the masses.
- Our designs are flexible and we are open minded to any changes you may want so long as they are structurally sound and communicated during the approval stages.
- Depending on the changes you request, there may be a change to the price of your piece.
- Once you approve the drawings, we will carve a scale size wax model for your approval, at which point half down is required to proceed.
- Final payment is due upon completion. We accept cash, credit card or check. We do not offer financing or payment plans.
Please read some of our requirements before committing to custom work:
- We will not copy another designer's work and will not design something we deem structurally unsound.
- After we discuss what sort of custom jewelry you want made, we will give you a rough estimate of price.
- Basic custom design starts at $2000. There are no refunds or exchanges on custom jewelry.
Supplied gemstones and diamonds:
Your diamonds or gemstones being sent to us for custom work need to be insured, in order to do this you need some documentation regarding their quality and value, an appraisal or an accredited certificate is best. It is your responsibility to know (and prove) what you are sending us. Once we receive your package we will verify its contents and contact you. Your items will be insured against loss or theft while they are in our possession.